Global energy consumption is continuously rising and is predominantly reliant on diminishing fossil-fuel resources. The mechanics of energy materials is crucial in providing efficient and reliable means to convert, store and transport sustainably produced energy.
The 3rd International Workshop on Mechanics of Energy Materials (IWMEM-2018) aims to provide a platform to disseminate and promote state-of-art research, facilitate scientific discussion, and establish collaboration, in the field of mechanics of energy materials. The previous two works shops were held in Sydney, Australia, November 2016 and Suzhou, China, November 2017, respectively. This workshop focuses on the mechanics problems encountered in:
- Energy harvesting
- Fuel cells
- Geothermal energy
- Nuclear materials
- Photovoltaic cells
- Thermal energy storage (including phase change materials)
- Thermoelectric materials
- Wind Turbines
The workshop will be co-hosted by Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai together with The University of Sydney. The venue is Hall2, IC&SR Building, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai, India.
- Submission deadline for extended abstracts (1-2 page): 15 August 2018
- Acceptance of the contributions: 31 August 2018
- Registration open: 15 August 2018
- Early-bird registration ends: 15 September 2018
- Workshop dates: 19-22 November 2018